Friday, February 29, 2008


Here is my tip for the day, we just heard from Sarah! She was stressing out..I mean REALLY stressing out. I said are you okay Sarah? how are your plans coming along? she is having a destination wedding here in Waikiki. She replied by saying her planner was a bit un-responsive! Panic!

Here is my advise that I shared with her, take a few minutes, okay it may take you an hour. Send your coordinator or your wedding planner an email. I would write a nice little note with as many details as you know. I mean I want you to state exactly what you expect...maybe you could start your email with.."I know you have a lot of weddings so I just want to be sure we are on the same page! Here are the things that I want for my special day.." I am a firm believer that if things are in black and white there is a lot less room for error. So anything that you have discussed write it down. White napkins, white table cloth, 3 votives centered on each table, cocktails on the veranda, full bar excluding top shelf liqueurs, passed appetisers- cheese squared, mini-quiche, dinner service beginning at 7pm, Cake table right side of room.....I mean list it all girls...It is important that you let your coordinator know what you want, they cannot read minds so help them along. They are professionals but if you are worried about their performance take the worry out of the equation by laying it all out for them.

I was in constant contact with the catering manager at the Moana Surfrider, and with the head of the church I was married in. And you know what, it worked, the day was flawless. I will continue to post pictures of my own wedding, hope it will inspire you!

Good luck Sarah and all you other brides, write it down sweeties!

No comments: